Group SW Development Manager
Start date: 2023
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Recruiting manager: Carl-Fredrik Bang, CTO
You will be leading the organization through the respective team leads. Together with a great team of talented developers, you will design, develop, and maintain software applications that help our customers save money and the environment through reduced energy consumption and better building management.
If you have a passion for driving growth and you possess the skills we're looking for, apply for the Development Manager role today!
Our team consists of talented and passionate developers who work together to create high-quality products that help our customers save money and the environment through reduced energy consumption and better building management.
We work with small and agile teams with high flexibility, and we work very closely with sales, operations, and product management, who are intimately familiar with the product, customer needs, and the challenges of software development.
As our Development Manager, you will lead and manage our development teams through the respective team leads, ensuring that our teams are coordinated and that their time is used in the most efficient way possible.
Your key responsibility will be to help the company achieve its strategic goals by continuously improving the procedures for development and maintenance.
You will champion the company strategy by communicating it effectively to the teams and ensuring that they understand its value and implications.
You will also be responsible for driving continuous development in areas such as competence, innovation, collaboration, and engagement. You will focus on enabling a great culture and retaining and attracting the top talent in the industry.
- Establish, monitor, and maintain an implementation plan for the development and maintenance efforts.
- Be responsible for the progress and capacity of all teams. Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, and with the expected quality.
- Manage resource and competence planning to ensure team, people, and project success.
- Drive strategy, change, and unified development methodology through the team lead.
- Lead and coach the team leads.
- Enable a great place to work and our Kiona Spirit. Develop a culture to retain and attract talent.
Your exceptional leadership and communication skills will come in handy as you assist and coach team leads, guaranteeing their support and growth in their roles.
- You speak and write fluently in Norwegian or Swedish and English.
The ideal candidate for the position has a passion for teamwork and enables others to succeed towards our goals. We envision the following in the candidate:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in software development, leading others, preferably leaders.
- A natural leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Creating a culture of engagement.
- Drive and support change management, ensuring successful transitions.
- Experience evolving common procedures and best practices to align ways of working. A champion for continuous development and collaboration.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical approach to problems, using data to drive decisions. Ability to make decisions accordingly.
- Balance resource usage between development and maintenance-related matters/projects. Advice on prioritization and ensuring execution according to plan.
In-depth understanding of software development methodologies and processes
A leader by heart, a self-starter who takes the initiative, and is able to work independently. As a team player, you enjoy collaborating with others to achieve common goals. Passionate about technology and people, You are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
If you're a talented leader with a passion for software development and a desire to make a positive impact, we'd love to hear from you!
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will interview continuously.
We are looking for the right person to join our team.