Senior Software Developer
Start date: 2023
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Truls Ebbe Moe,
Head of Development, Energinet
We are a dynamic and growing software company that delivers innovative solutions to our clients. Our team consists of talented and passionate developers who work together to create high-quality products that help our customers save money and the environment through reduced energy consumption and better building management.
Work in a small and agile team with high flexibility and with product owners intimately familiar with product and software development challenges.
As a Developer at Kiona, you are focused on product development and responsible for providing technical knowledge to support the product strategy and functionality enhancement. As a developer, you work closely with the teams to ensure that all software solutions accurately reflect the market requirements.
- Take ownership and a leading role in your projects, ensuring progress, quality, and maintainability
- Keep up to date on technology trends within core competencies
- Obtain and utilize domain knowledge and spread knowledge in the team
- Design, develop, and maintain software applications, including the full stack, including SQL databases, PHP, and web-based frontend
- Collaborate and communicate with cross-functional teams to identify, analyze, and solve complex problems
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
- Participate in code reviews and ensure adherence to best practices and standards
- Work with integrations toward different hardware using various proptech protocols
- Develop cross-product implementations within the Kiona portfolio, including SCADA systems, energy management systems, and AI optimizations for heating
Your background includes
The ideal candidate for the position has a passion for coding as well as:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar experience
- Experience in being a lead developer
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Skilled in at least one programming language
- Experience with software development tools and Agile methodologies
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
A developer by heart, a self-starter who takes the initiative, and can work independently. As a team player, you enjoy collaborating to achieve common goals. Passionate about technology and software development, You are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
You might speak and write fluently in English. (Norwegian is a +)
If you're a talented developer with a passion for software development and a desire to make a positive impact, we'd love to hear from you.
If you're committed to continuous learning and improvement, we'd love to hear from you!